I hate people in Public Relations. They are the worst of the worst. They are useless maggots squirming in a pile of shit. They are masturbating apes at a zoo.
I was given the run around all day by a public relations officer from U.S. Border Patrol. After our first conversation it became clear I was asking him questions his higher up did not want answered and that he was going to feed me useless piss.
At first he blew me off, treating me like a student of journalism who would coward and hide from his rejection and facade of authority. He would learn otherwise.
At the end of the day however, after going back and forth many times, I still didn't have the answers I wanted. We were at a standoff. He knew I wasn't going away. I knew he wasn't going to give me the information I wanted.
He told me he was very busy this month but he could fit me in for a real interview the end of October. This is a sleazy tactic done created by swine in Public Relations. He's too busy to give me real information but he had plenty of time to dance around questions all day.
He knows damn well I can't wait that long for my information, but I can't rightfully say in my story that he ignored me.
I have no ethical solution at the moment but I do feel better after blogurbating. Maybe blogs do serve a purpose after all.
But maybe not.
A year ago, when I was interning for a large newspaper, I had a very different reaction from PR swine, even the same swine from Border Patrol. When I wrote for a paper they had much more time for me and took me much more seriously. That's because I had power. I had power because I was with a newspaper. I had power in numbers and I had legal backup. If I didn't get the public information I requested they knew I could do something about it.
But what am I now. A blogger?
I hope to god all the reporters in this country aren't replaced by bloggers. If they are, we're all screwed.
Anyways, I'm sick and I need rest. I have a busy day tomorrow with my own job in Public Relations. What can I say, it pays pretty well...

No comments:
Post a Comment