Goddamn, information travels fast these days. The time of waiting for todays news in the morning paper is long gone.
The other night I was working on my laptop while my girlfriend and her roommates where watching a movie in the same room. I happened to sign on Facebook and saw people updating their statuses about how much Kanye West is a “douche.” I asked one of them why virtually all of my “friends” came to this obvious conclusion at once.
I was then told about his antics during the MTV award show. Keep in mind this is about six or seven minutes after it happened.
So we turned off the movie and switched turned on the Tivo thing and watched what happened.
Ain't technology grand?
Useless information can be shared so fast it's amazing.
So now I was stuck watching the MTV award thing, wondering if the whole Kanye West ordeal was staged by MTV to get viewers to tune in. (This hunch was heightened the next day when I learned Kanye would be on the premier of Leno's new show...)
Anyhow, bored with MTV, I went into the other room and switched on some TV news.
This is when my faith in America went from bad to worse.
News is no longer news. At least not on TV. Each network has a very obvious agenda and they bicker like spoiled children.
Is this where the American people get their news from?
I'm beginning to think this country is too ignorant and dumb for democracy.
But hey, at least we have Kanye.
I think I might understand how Hunter S. Thompson felt, when he said he understood how Thomas Jefferson felt, when Jefferson said “I fear for the fate of my country when I reflect that God is Just.”

No comments:
Post a Comment