The Yankees just won the World Series, their 27th and first since 2000. The Yankees are my favorite team so I was pretty excited when the won tonight. It’s been an exciting series and a memorable season so it was nice to see it climax with a world championship. I was lucky enough to go to two games this past season. I saw one game at the new Yankee stadium in New York while I was out there to visit my family during summer break and another game in Oakland during a recent trip to San Francisco. A lot of people hate the Yankees because they have a ridiculously high payroll, but I respect it. I like that they spend money to put a high performing product on the field. A lot of other teams just sit on their profits but the Yankees put it on the field for the fans. If I was a fan for another team I’d be pretty upset about it because it can be unfair at times, but then again, why would I want to root for a team other than the Yankees? Ticket prices can be high at Yankee stadium but you get what you pay for in this world. I feel like this World Series justifies it. I’m going to wear my Yankee hat with pride tomorrow.
Speaking of success with sports teams, the Wildcat football team is in the top 20. I got caught up in the excitement today and bought a pair of tickets to the game this weekend. It’s homecoming so it will be good to hopefully see some old friends and faces. Our opponent, Washington State, is pretty bad so it should be an easy win, but I’m hoping for a close game.
I think the best part about sports is how it brings people together. I’m excited to hang out with friends at the game this weekend and I’ve had countless conversations about baseball with friends and strangers over the past few weeks. I’m excited for the upcoming winter Olympic because it will bring the world together. I wish soccer was more popular in the country because I feel like soccer brings the world together. Maybe the sport will gain more popularity during next year’s world cup.
It’s almost midnight and I’m exhausted. It’s that point in the semester.
I’m going to talk some crap to all my Yankee hating friends on Facebook and call it a night…

No comments:
Post a Comment