My back is killing me. I have never in my life had any back pain what so ever but I’ve been moaning and groaning all day. I must be getting old. I woke up this morning with a sharp pain running from my neck all the way down to the middle of my back. It’s making it very hard to focus on any homework or work. I must seem like a grump to my friends today because I’m in constant pain and not very friendly. Today was my turn to cook dinner for my girlfriend’s roommates, something we all trade off every Sunday. I made stuffed artichokes and pasta with a cheese sauce. It was a challenge with my back the way it is. I can’t turn or tilt my head to the right and my right hand is almost useless. Dinner turned out pretty good surprisingly and everyone said they enjoyed it. I excused myself after eating and I’m now lying in a very strange position on the floor writing this blog. If I’m not any better in the morning I’m going to need to go to campus health. I have a long list of assignments for both work and school and I can’t afford to spend time at the doctor’s office so I really hope I’m better tomorrow. Good health is something healthy people take for granted, I’ve decided. I’ve been lucky to be in good health and this little injury of mind is a good reminder that I should appreciate it.
That’s enough of my moaning. I went to Club Crawl last night and I had a pretty great time. The drunks and the massive crowd annoyed me but the music was fantastic. I spent most of the night at the Rialto. The Jons, a Latin influenced pop band got us dancing and Mostly Bears, who remind me of Radiohead put me in a sort of trance. After the Rialto we headed to an outdoor stage to watch my buddy’s band, 8 Minutes to Burn. They put on a good show per usual. I'm very happy Tucson has such a great scene. I called it a night after my buddy's band though. It was getting a bit rowdy downtown. Got a great carne taco on the way home, which was awesome because the lines for food at Club Crawl were ridiculous and my lack of patience left me with a rumbling stomach.
Today has been chill, besides the pain. Watched a little football and watched half a season of The Office, a show I am now fully addicted to. Dinner was good too but I missed the new Simpsons in the process. Now it’s time for work and to get ready for the next week. My job allows me to work from home, which is a blessing in theory but it’s also very hard to get motivated sometimes. I need to spend tonight catching up on some work before I check in with my boss in the morning. I’m going to chop down some Advil and get to it. The weekend go by far too fast...

No comments:
Post a Comment