Saturday, October 3, 2009

Six months

To celebrate my partner’s and mine’s six months together I took her out to Cushing Street Grill south of the Tucson Convention Center. Man that place is good. I had never been but I have walked by in the past and it looked classy. It was. We were the youngest people there but no one seemed snobby. Both the ambiance and the food were great. The building is an old house from the 1800s, which I thought was really neat. We started dinner with the bacon wrapped shrimp. Who ever thought of wrapping shrimp is a genius. For the entrée, I got beef medallions with a port glaze and my girlfriend got blackened salmon, both with a side of mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. We skipped dessert but after dinner we went outside to the patio where a band of three guitarists were playing. Each table had candles burning. My girlfriend and I talked while the acoustic guitars serenaded us. It was very romantic and a lot of fun. We even got up to dance for once song, La Bomba. After we started dancing a few other couples joined in too. We walked home through Downtown and I smiled the whole way, not just because of my relationship with my girlfriend but also for how much I love Tucson.

After dinner we went home, which is her place because I officially live with my parents, though I haven’t spent a night there in more than five months. In her room we built a fort using a sheet, two chairs, two couch cushions and textbooks to hold the sheet on the chair. We made sure to use her TV and a wall of the fort. We stayed up all night watching The Office and the first two Star Wars movies (of the original trilogy of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment